In response to:
Re. Spanish evictions: I wrote a scenario a few years ago. Mass failure to pay mortgages or other debt leads to bank failures. Bank failures in the old days meant depositors were wiped out, and lending stopped in the community. Bank failures in more recent days meant the FDIC had to make mass payments to depositors. Lending still stopped. Such mass FDIC payments would cause the FDIC to fail. Congress would have to enact a bailout. From this point on it's anyone's guess, except that borrowing would be hard to come by, and probably have a political component.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 11 hours ago