In response to:
Re. Spanish evictions: I wrote a scenario a few years ago. Mass failure to pay mortgages or other debt leads to bank failures. Bank failures in the old days meant depositors were wiped out, and lending stopped in the community. Bank failures in more recent days meant the FDIC had to make mass payments to depositors. Lending still stopped. Such mass FDIC payments would cause the FDIC to fail. Congress would have to enact a bailout. From this point on it's anyone's guess, except that borrowing would be hard to come by, and probably have a political component.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 15 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Et tu, Di Fi? Feinstein sours on Obama’s ‘too cautious’ approach to ISIS Noah Rothman 18 hours ago