In response to:
Re. Spanish evictions: I wrote a scenario a few years ago. Mass failure to pay mortgages or other debt leads to bank failures. Bank failures in the old days meant depositors were wiped out, and lending stopped in the community. Bank failures in more recent days meant the FDIC had to make mass payments to depositors. Lending still stopped. Such mass FDIC payments would cause the FDIC to fail. Congress would have to enact a bailout. From this point on it's anyone's guess, except that borrowing would be hard to come by, and probably have a political component.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014