A constant excise tax "made sense" in the era of "a dollar is a dollar", no inflation. As Mike points out, we never had a Federal gas tax before Eisenhower started building the Interstate System. Now every highway project, no matter how local, wants some Federal money. That attitude is going to cause a bad end for us. The prime "good", if you are green, is that higher taxes -> less use and less fuel burning. ...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 14 hours ago