Efforts to help the ordinary poor working man have been repeatedly enacted. History shows that most (all?) such efforts produce results resembling France, or our own Great Depression, with a large "structural" unemployment rate.
- Video: Walker’s first ad, Our American Revival Ed Morrissey 26 mins ago
- The writing is on the wall: The GOP will be an interventionist party in 2016 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama caves on taxing 529 college savings plans Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Hezbollah, Israel trade blows across border, UN peacekeeper killed Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Cruz to introduce bill banning the political targeting of citizens Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Seattle government now going through citizens’ trash for public shaming, revenue Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago