In response to:
I thought of a few Roman Emperors, the ones who inherited the purple rather than rose to it. Emperors such as Commodus lived in a world of palace intrigue and treachery, and developed paranoia. The people around the emperor either played to that paranoia, or tried to avoid being the targets of it. Such Emperors typically did not pass the purple on to their kids, and often were overthrown. I think Kim Jong Un faces a similar future.
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 33 minutes ago
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Israel escalates offensive in Gaza, Hamas rocket commander killed Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago