One question is whether we are so far gone that we-the-makers have to resort to "going Galt" in an effort to control our government. To emigrate or lower our ambitions to merely get by. The most drastic form of "starving the beast". The related question, that lefties implicitly pose, but balk at explicitly bringing up, is that when the top 5% that they hate step down, will the rest of us, can the rest of us, step up to produce, keep the GDP and standard of living up? Or is decay and something lower our deserved fate?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago