One question is whether we are so far gone that we-the-makers have to resort to "going Galt" in an effort to control our government. To emigrate or lower our ambitions to merely get by. The most drastic form of "starving the beast". The related question, that lefties implicitly pose, but balk at explicitly bringing up, is that when the top 5% that they hate step down, will the rest of us, can the rest of us, step up to produce, keep the GDP and standard of living up? Or is decay and something lower our deserved fate?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- FBI warns ISIS trying to kidnap journalists abroad Noah Rothman 7 hours ago