That raises the interesting topic of saving and setting aside. At the most basic level, of a Mormon or a pioneer putting up for the winter, it means putting food, clothing, medicine, etc. into your storage room, to use when needed. At a more advanced level it means "lending" your surplus to someone else, and hoping that the other person is good for repaying it when you need it. --> Now. Is the Federal Government good for repaying it now that an old person needs it? Obama is swinging his irresponsibility as a club to try and force the rest of us responsible makers to bailout his SS-Administration and the old persons who unwisely put their trust in it.
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 43 minutes ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago