An era ended when the Soviet Union collapsed on Dec. 31, 1991. The confrontation between the United States and the Soviet Union defined the Cold War period. The collapse of Europe framed that confrontation. After World War II, the Soviet and American armies occupied Europe. Both towered over the remnants of Europe's forces. The collapse of the European imperial system, the emergence of new states and a struggle between the Soviets and Americans for domination and influence also defined the confrontation. There were, of course, many other aspects and phases of the confrontation, but in the end, the Cold...
You must be thinking of Yalta. By the time of Potsdam FDR was dead, and was injected full of embalming fluid. He definitely wasn't on this planet and didn't attend Potsdam.
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 39 minutes ago
- Udall’s first ad in Colorado: The war-on-womenizing we’ve been waiting for Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: DNC 2016 convention bid invites go to Las Vegas, and … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- GOP Senate candidate’s ad: Meet the doctor who saved my baby’s life Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: I think Republicans may have over-emphasized voter fraud Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Fatah, Hamas announce reconciliation pact, new elections Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago