The third film in the Batman series is a direct polemical assault on the French Revolution and its political heirs, which includes Occupy Wall Street and perhaps Barack Obama. I would say that it is the exact opposite of so many revolutionary-wannabe films from Fight Club to V for Vendetta (which has provided the tell-tale Guy Fawkes masks to the Occupy movement), except that in order to be opposite, they must in some sense be comparable and DKR is far superior to the others artistically, commercially and philosophically. The crazed theater shooter, if he turns out to be as much of...
I watched this movie and laughed to myself that the week before it came out many on the left wanted to connect Bane to Bain. I laughed because as I watched is was extremely loud and clear that this was a conservative movie. Obama and the left with OWS was Bane and the whole French Revolution thing was obvious. It is very clear that thi is lambasting the OWS and French revolution mindset. Notice how we have not heard another word this week from the left trying to associate this movie in some way against Romney? It is because it is clearly against the economic ideology of Obama & OWS.
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 10 minutes ago
- Has al-Qaeda taken over a secret US base in Libya? Ed Morrissey 50 minutes ago
- NYT poll shows Pryor up 10 in Arkansas Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Lavrov: Russia will respond in Ukraine if interests “attacked” … like we did in 2008 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WaPo columnist: Home ownership is a lousy investment Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago