There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
If it weren't for Reagan and Clinton's REPUBLICAN House, the prosperity we enjoyed in the 90s wouldn't have happened. It was an extension of the Repubican principles implemented in the 80s. And if Obama was smart, he would seek a balanced budget under a Republican House. The Republicans would bend over backwards to give it to him. He and the rest of the stupid Democrats could argue for years and years that it's only Democrats who balance budgets so you wouldn't have to ever elect Republicans again. But the smartest president ever isn't that smart - he has an economy to crash in order to rebuild in his own image.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 3 hours ago