There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
If it weren't for Reagan and Clinton's REPUBLICAN House, the prosperity we enjoyed in the 90s wouldn't have happened. It was an extension of the Repubican principles implemented in the 80s. And if Obama was smart, he would seek a balanced budget under a Republican House. The Republicans would bend over backwards to give it to him. He and the rest of the stupid Democrats could argue for years and years that it's only Democrats who balance budgets so you wouldn't have to ever elect Republicans again. But the smartest president ever isn't that smart - he has an economy to crash in order to rebuild in his own image.
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 20 mins ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 59 mins ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago