It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
I think I'll puke if I read one more article claiming a "moral decay of society." Were we more moral when black people were sent to the back of the bus, or earlier when they were slaves? Were we more moral when pregnant girls were sent away to "visit relatives" and forced to give up their babies for adoption? Were we more moral when women were expected to be in the kitechen and not in the workplace? Were we more moral when presidents entertained prostitutes in the White House? Were we more moral when gays were harassed and arrested in gay bars? When abortions were performed in back alleys instead of in clinics? When Native Americans were being forced onto reservations and people killed thousands of buffalo for sport?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 58 mins ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 4 hours ago