It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
I think I'll puke if I read one more article claiming a "moral decay of society." Were we more moral when black people were sent to the back of the bus, or earlier when they were slaves? Were we more moral when pregnant girls were sent away to "visit relatives" and forced to give up their babies for adoption? Were we more moral when women were expected to be in the kitechen and not in the workplace? Were we more moral when presidents entertained prostitutes in the White House? Were we more moral when gays were harassed and arrested in gay bars? When abortions were performed in back alleys instead of in clinics? When Native Americans were being forced onto reservations and people killed thousands of buffalo for sport?
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 16 hours ago