In response to:
This is exactly how the Small Wars Manual (c.1935 from lessons learned in the 20's & 30's) describes to address counter-insurgency. And is ideally suited to the US Marine Corps IF the USMC goes back to it's light infantry/naval infantry core competencies. Everything old is new again - as the saying goes.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 8 hours ago