What is perhaps most striking about Secretary Panetta's action is that it reverses the combat exclusion policy that...
BTW, I blame the Joint Chiefs of Staff for allowing Panetta/Obama to make this change. The Joint Chiefs could have objected, and that is their job to object when it affects military readiness, They didn't object. They supported the changes. They are more interested in their own careers than they are in the safety of the troops and in the safety of our nations. THE JOINT CHIEFS ARE A BUNCH OF SELF-SERVING COWARDS!!!
With little discussion or fanfare, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta lifted the ban on women in combat that has been in effect for as long as there has been a U.S. military. Feminists and some women serving in the military are applauding the move as a victory for equal rights. They claim that justice requires nothing short of opening all positions to females, regardless of the consequences to combat effectiveness, unit cohesion, or military readiness, factors whose importance they minimize in any event.
- Jihadi social media: Khorasan Group leader Muhsin al-Fadhli killed in U.S. airstrikes in Syria Allahpundit 41 mins ago
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 2 hour ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago