What is perhaps most striking about Secretary Panetta's action is that it reverses the combat exclusion policy that...
BTW, I blame the Joint Chiefs of Staff for allowing Panetta/Obama to make this change. The Joint Chiefs could have objected, and that is their job to object when it affects military readiness, They didn't object. They supported the changes. They are more interested in their own careers than they are in the safety of the troops and in the safety of our nations. THE JOINT CHIEFS ARE A BUNCH OF SELF-SERVING COWARDS!!!
With little discussion or fanfare, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta lifted the ban on women in combat that has been in effect for as long as there has been a U.S. military. Feminists and some women serving in the military are applauding the move as a victory for equal rights. They claim that justice requires nothing short of opening all positions to females, regardless of the consequences to combat effectiveness, unit cohesion, or military readiness, factors whose importance they minimize in any event.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 5 hours ago