Businesses, as well as most nonprofit enterprises, by law are required to produce financial statements that include all of their present and expected future liabilities. On top of that, they are...
Walter E. Williams lays out the problem pretty well. The only problem is that he is just one voice. The Democrats have their heads buried in... uh... the sand. You don't hear about this crisis from the media, because they agree with the Dems. Even the Republicans only "get religion" when they are out of power (Medicare drug care expansion anyone?). Also Republican have the House and could stop raising the debt ceiling but they won't. They should be on every talk show and refusing to talk about anything else -- but they won't. A real CRASH is coming.
Is there any reason for today's Americans to care about what happens to tomorrow's Americans? After all, what have tomorrow's Americans done for today's Americans? Moreover, since tomorrow's Americans don't vote, we can dump on them with impunity. That's a vision that describes the actual behavior of today's Americans. It would be seen as selfish, callous and ruthless only if it were actually articulated. Let's look at it.
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 16 mins ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 57 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- In two New York districts, two trouncings to warm your heart Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- TSA confiscates a toy ray-gun belt buckle. Because security. Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Oh my: Plurality of Republicans think Mitt Romney should run for president Allahpundit 11 hours ago