Interesting column for the most part, but I fail to see how Eduardo Saverin is included. You simply say, "it is generally assumed that he is cut from the same idealistic cloth", but weak accusation like this is no better than Obama saying the creator of the YouTube video (for which he blamed Benghazi), is a "shady character." If you don't have any better evidence to share than your 'general assumption' about somebody, than it makes you look like you are grasping for examples. As far as I can tell Saverin is just the U.S. version of Gérard Depardieu; someone who decided he's not going to take it anymore.
Suffering the consequences of hypocrisy is usually reserved for public figures on the political right. The mere rumors of infidelity dissolved Herman Cain’s presidential nomination viability. It is easy to recall famous conservatives who have fallen from grace for not living up to a personal standard. But it is harder to remember the name of a disgraced liberal. The impeachment of Bill Clinton over a substantiated sexual affair seemed to take...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 6 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 8 hours ago