Black Africans know this. That is why so many seek to live in the United States. Decades ago, the number of black Africans who had immigrated to the United States had already surpassed the...
The Trayvon Martin killing and subsequent hysteria is less about perceived racism against all blacks than about society's need to debunk the stereotype of the young black male as dangerous thug. Despite statistics indicating that a disproportionate number of young black males have been associated with crime, a huge percentage of young black males are in fact law-abiding and suffer because of the stereotype, as did Trayvon. Also, I believe the Trayvon Martin tragedy is chiefly about a man who made several lapses in judgment in his quest, not to protect his neighborhood, but to receive personal validation as a "hero". George Zimmerman has more in common with Tania Head (who fraudulently claimed to be a 9/11 survivor) than with racists.
In light of the tragic killing of black teenager Trayvon Martin -- and the manufactured hysteria surrounding it -- one thing needs to be stated as clearly and as often as possible: The United States is the least racist and least xenophobic country in the world. Foreigners of every race, ethnicity, and religion know this. Most Americans suspect this. Most black Americans and the entire left deny this.
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 21 minutes ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago