Armstrong's unprecedented fall from grace has precipitated...
I used to ride competitively. They usually tested the top 5 finisher and an additional 5 chosen at random from the entire field of finishers. (the minimum number to get the volume discount from the testing lab.) For the pee test, you had to remove your shirt, and pull your shorts down to your knees then pee in a cup in front of total strangers/witnesses. Unless it was an important event, the results usually took a week to get back.
Lance Armstrong, one of the greatest endurance athletes of modern times, who won the grueling Tour de France bicycle race a record seven consecutive times from 1995 to 2005, has been stripped of all awards and prizes he won during his storied cycling career. The reason for these harsh sanctions against Armstrong was a finding by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that the athlete had used illicit, performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career. Yet, because of its status as unaccountable regulatory power, the USADA never had to prove its case against Armstrong.
- Markey: Natural gas exports, grow the economy? Pish tosh! Erika Johnsen 41 minutes ago
- CNN source: Yes, the Malaysian jet sent engine data hours after it disappeared; AP source: No, it didn’t Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Ron Paul defends Crimea’s referendum on annexation by Russia Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Old man yells at cloud Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Chris Matthews: Let’s face it, Democrats are going to lose the Senate Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Dwayne Epstein, Marc Hyden Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago