Armstrong's unprecedented fall from grace has precipitated...
I used to ride competitively. They usually tested the top 5 finisher and an additional 5 chosen at random from the entire field of finishers. (the minimum number to get the volume discount from the testing lab.) For the pee test, you had to remove your shirt, and pull your shorts down to your knees then pee in a cup in front of total strangers/witnesses. Unless it was an important event, the results usually took a week to get back.
Lance Armstrong, one of the greatest endurance athletes of modern times, who won the grueling Tour de France bicycle race a record seven consecutive times from 1995 to 2005, has been stripped of all awards and prizes he won during his storied cycling career. The reason for these harsh sanctions against Armstrong was a finding by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that the athlete had used illicit, performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career. Yet, because of its status as unaccountable regulatory power, the USADA never had to prove its case against Armstrong.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 16 hours ago