Dr. Martin Luther King spoke of this “third party” as well – although not in those terms – saying that it “must be reminded that it is not the master or the servant of the state, but rather the conscience of...
Unfortunately, socialism has made great headway into Judaism. Their fundamental teaching of helping the poor has been distorted so that government must help the poor, not the individual. This has taken away the individual judgement of how to help the poor, and we are left with programs that only help the poor survive only if they stay poor. The Christian teaching, which is very close to Judaism, does differ in one important way: salvation is an individual thing not a group thing. Each individual must change their life to reach out to God. The Old Testament was about the "People". The New Testament is about individuals. The Jews, with some exceptions, vote liberal as they see salvation for the poor as throwing money at the group.
According to the latest polls, only one percent of voters will cast their ballot for a third party candidate, which means that all the talk of a protest vote against the two main parties will amount to little or nothing. Yet there is already a viable third party in America. It simply needs to awaken to its calling.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014