Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
South Carolina had threaten to secede from the Union in the 1830's but Pres. Jackson threatened to lead the army himself, and the rebellion movement died. Would the movement of 1861 have been different had the South just starved the fort into submission or taken some other less direct method of taking control? In other arguments the Supreme Court's ruling are quoted. One of the primary reasons for considering secession is that the Supreme Court itself is binding itself to previous decisions even when these decisions are blatantly unconstitutional. The concept of the Constitution being the ruling document has been forgotten by all three branches of the US government.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago