In response to:
The discouraged workforce are those that no longer find it worth their time to actively look for jobs. That means, once jobs open up again, they might be willing to once again apply for work. That would cause "sticky" unemployment levels where employment is rising, but, due to people rejoining the workforce, unemployment does not go down as fast as could be expected. We really don't know how much of the discouraged workers will choose to return to the workforce once demand for labor returns. Of course it is possible that we will never go back to the good old days due to sociological changes Obama is succeeding in making.
- White House: It’s business as usual on subsidies after Halbig Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- July Crisis: Ukraine alleges a Russian military officer pulled the trigger on MH17 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago