In response to:
The discouraged workforce are those that no longer find it worth their time to actively look for jobs. That means, once jobs open up again, they might be willing to once again apply for work. That would cause "sticky" unemployment levels where employment is rising, but, due to people rejoining the workforce, unemployment does not go down as fast as could be expected. We really don't know how much of the discouraged workers will choose to return to the workforce once demand for labor returns. Of course it is possible that we will never go back to the good old days due to sociological changes Obama is succeeding in making.
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago