For weeks we've heard from President Obama and his allies like Senator Dianne Feinstein and Attorney General Eric Holder about new "commonsense" gun control measures, but what do they really mean? The NRA is out with a new ad detailing how a new assault weapons ban would need to be enforced in order to be effective. The ad cites an internal Department of Justice memo saying the only way an assault weapons ban will have an impact is if gun confiscation and mandatory gun buybacks are also implemented. In addition, President Obama's calls for universal background checks would require gun...
In response to:
So Biden says the law won't do what they want it to do. Why, then, are they still trying to do it? Oh, I forgot - "We've got to do SOMETHING!' As Thomas Sowell says, much bad has been done by politicians who just had to do "something."
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 29 mins ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- ESPN apologizes for reporting on whether Michael Sam is showering with his teammates after practice Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago