During a recent gun violence prevention public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Bill Stevens, a father of a Sandy Hook student who survived the massacre that took place in December, testified. Stevens explained why his daughter is safer at home than she is at school because "911" and "lockdown" are not enough to protect her from an evil person. Stevens also defended the right to bear arms which is not only written in the Second Amendment, but in the Connecticut constitution as well. He argued gun owners shouldn't be turned into suspects no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition...
In response to:
Enacting "laws on which the American people agree" is precisely the reason the Founders wrote the Constitution and the Bill of Rights - to protect us from the tyranny of the majority.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago