The Vietnam war, coupled with the Baby Boom, killed academe and it has never recovered. In 1968, college "admissions" departments' roles were to screen out unqualified applicants. by 1972 they had become the sales and marketing arm of the university, which wanted nothing as much as unlimited expansion. Ultimately the Draft Dodgers took over the university faculties, with predictable results. That's where we are now.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014