The Vietnam war, coupled with the Baby Boom, killed academe and it has never recovered. In 1968, college "admissions" departments' roles were to screen out unqualified applicants. by 1972 they had become the sales and marketing arm of the university, which wanted nothing as much as unlimited expansion. Ultimately the Draft Dodgers took over the university faculties, with predictable results. That's where we are now.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 15 hours ago