The Vietnam war, coupled with the Baby Boom, killed academe and it has never recovered. In 1968, college "admissions" departments' roles were to screen out unqualified applicants. by 1972 they had become the sales and marketing arm of the university, which wanted nothing as much as unlimited expansion. Ultimately the Draft Dodgers took over the university faculties, with predictable results. That's where we are now.
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 12 minutes ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 52 minutes ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Republican voters back immigration reform? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 3 hours ago