The arrogance and self-absorption of New Yorkers is astounding. They have convinced themselves that living in a filthy ghetto of 12 million people constantly shouting "LOOK AT ME!" makes them special and elite. It there is one place in the world where socialist principles OUGHT to be explored, it is New York. The Icons of Wall Street (bankers, lawyers, brokers, etc) produce nothing - they don't manufacture anything, perform any vital services, invent anything, or do anything to make life easier or better for anyone but themselves. Yet they are able to skim millions (often tens of millions) off the top, and manage to create little cocoons of ostentatious luxury for themselves so they don't have to interface with their wretched inferiors on the squalid streets of New York. Rather than looking at NYC with envy, the rest of the country eagerly awaits the inundation of Manhattan as the seas rise due to melting of the polar ice caps. But until that happy day, the inauguration of Mayor DeBlasio will be sufficient. May he succeed in his Marxist dreams for the Big Apple.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Cubans ready to sell out Joanne Chesimard if they get the chance Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- An Obama presser is hardly a “teachable moment” in gender studies Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- NSA Christmas eve docu-dump contains bombshells about [redacted] Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Hot Air’s top 50 posts in 2014: 31-40 Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago
- What if North Korea didn’t hack Sony? Jazz Shaw 21 hours ago