The arrogance and self-absorption of New Yorkers is astounding. They have convinced themselves that living in a filthy ghetto of 12 million people constantly shouting "LOOK AT ME!" makes them special and elite. It there is one place in the world where socialist principles OUGHT to be explored, it is New York. The Icons of Wall Street (bankers, lawyers, brokers, etc) produce nothing - they don't manufacture anything, perform any vital services, invent anything, or do anything to make life easier or better for anyone but themselves. Yet they are able to skim millions (often tens of millions) off the top, and manage to create little cocoons of ostentatious luxury for themselves so they don't have to interface with their wretched inferiors on the squalid streets of New York. Rather than looking at NYC with envy, the rest of the country eagerly awaits the inundation of Manhattan as the seas rise due to melting of the polar ice caps. But until that happy day, the inauguration of Mayor DeBlasio will be sufficient. May he succeed in his Marxist dreams for the Big Apple.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Hope? Nope, cynicism is the reaction the Obama presidency has earned Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Everybody is running for president: The Bob Ehrlich edition Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- EPA director warns of vanishing snow due to global warming as historic blizzard approaches Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Chart of the day: Why Christie’s probably going nowhere in the primaries Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Good guy with a gun saves… Arby’s Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago