The arrogance and self-absorption of New Yorkers is astounding. They have convinced themselves that living in a filthy ghetto of 12 million people constantly shouting "LOOK AT ME!" makes them special and elite. It there is one place in the world where socialist principles OUGHT to be explored, it is New York. The Icons of Wall Street (bankers, lawyers, brokers, etc) produce nothing - they don't manufacture anything, perform any vital services, invent anything, or do anything to make life easier or better for anyone but themselves. Yet they are able to skim millions (often tens of millions) off the top, and manage to create little cocoons of ostentatious luxury for themselves so they don't have to interface with their wretched inferiors on the squalid streets of New York. Rather than looking at NYC with envy, the rest of the country eagerly awaits the inundation of Manhattan as the seas rise due to melting of the polar ice caps. But until that happy day, the inauguration of Mayor DeBlasio will be sufficient. May he succeed in his Marxist dreams for the Big Apple.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago