I'm reminded of some obvservations by New Gingrich that "adolescence" is a relatively new phenomenon in human history. Until the mid-19th century, boys were expected to either start learning a trade, go to work on the farm, or go to the university at 13-14 years old. This is why the Bar Mitzvah and Confirmation are done at that age. Today, we do not expect our children to act as adults until they are well into their 20's. For at least half of college students, that four (or more) year adventure is nothing more than an expensive extension of irresponsible adolescence.
- Crumble: Wendy Davis trails by 16, down two among women, leads by just two with Latinos Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Circular firing squad: Democrats ready to dump on Obama if they lose the Senate Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago