Like it or not, most of the immigrants of the past 150 years have been the "losers" from their native countries. Otherwise, why would they come here? There are only two relevant questions to be answered w/r/t immigration: (1) Should the U.S. get to decide who comes in? and (2) Should we use rational criteria? When those two questions are answered correctly, everything else falls quickly into place. The U.S. taxpayer has no obligation to support the world's flotsam and jetsam, even if some of them are able to sneak across our borders.
- Would you care for some ObamaCare with your March Madness? Erika Johnsen 21 minutes ago
- What’s so important about Israel being a “Jewish State,” anyway? jeffdunetz 1 hour ago
- Bill Gates on minimum wage hike: “I worry about what that does to job creation.” Kevin Glass 1 hour ago
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago