Like it or not, most of the immigrants of the past 150 years have been the "losers" from their native countries. Otherwise, why would they come here? There are only two relevant questions to be answered w/r/t immigration: (1) Should the U.S. get to decide who comes in? and (2) Should we use rational criteria? When those two questions are answered correctly, everything else falls quickly into place. The U.S. taxpayer has no obligation to support the world's flotsam and jetsam, even if some of them are able to sneak across our borders.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Male justices can’t understand Hobby Lobby case because genitals Noah Rothman 31 minutes ago
- Democrats fumbling their way to turnout debacle? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes; Update: One more try? Update: Tomorrow Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 3 hours ago