Like it or not, most of the immigrants of the past 150 years have been the "losers" from their native countries. Otherwise, why would they come here? There are only two relevant questions to be answered w/r/t immigration: (1) Should the U.S. get to decide who comes in? and (2) Should we use rational criteria? When those two questions are answered correctly, everything else falls quickly into place. The U.S. taxpayer has no obligation to support the world's flotsam and jetsam, even if some of them are able to sneak across our borders.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago