Vietnam and the Baby Boom killed American "higher education." The huge blip in the college-age population was magnified by the "2S" deferment that kept you out of the draft if you were a college student in good standing. Colleges expanded and lowered their standards to meet the crush. Later, the draft dodgers found academic life to their life, and remained as faculty. The rest is, sorry to say, history.
- Next co-host of “The View”: Meghan McCain? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago