Vietnam and the Baby Boom killed American "higher education." The huge blip in the college-age population was magnified by the "2S" deferment that kept you out of the draft if you were a college student in good standing. Colleges expanded and lowered their standards to meet the crush. Later, the draft dodgers found academic life to their life, and remained as faculty. The rest is, sorry to say, history.
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 31 minutes ago
- Video: Former Republican governor of California invites you to crush things in his tank Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Markey: Natural gas exports, grow the economy? Pish tosh! Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- CNN source: Yes, the Malaysian jet sent engine data hours after it disappeared; AP source: No, it didn’t Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Ron Paul defends Crimea’s referendum on annexation by Russia Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Old man yells at cloud Allahpundit 3 hours ago