Vietnam and the Baby Boom killed American "higher education." The huge blip in the college-age population was magnified by the "2S" deferment that kept you out of the draft if you were a college student in good standing. Colleges expanded and lowered their standards to meet the crush. Later, the draft dodgers found academic life to their life, and remained as faculty. The rest is, sorry to say, history.
- Are we underestimating ISIS? Noah Rothman 46 mins ago
- Judge orders AirBnB renter to stop “profiteering” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Merry Christmas! Ed Morrissey Dec 25, 2014
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit Dec 24, 2014
- U.S. offering $5 million reward for Al Qaeda capo … who was released from Gitmo in 2006 Allahpundit Dec 24, 2014
- Sony to make “The Interview” available online beginning at 1 p.m. ET Allahpundit Dec 24, 2014