Vietnam and the Baby Boom killed American "higher education." The huge blip in the college-age population was magnified by the "2S" deferment that kept you out of the draft if you were a college student in good standing. Colleges expanded and lowered their standards to meet the crush. Later, the draft dodgers found academic life to their life, and remained as faculty. The rest is, sorry to say, history.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 19 hours ago