Side note: A poll asking people if they thought Z was "guilty" is an inflammatory charade. Certainly he shot Martin in the context of an altercation, but how many people in the general public have any idea what the legal standard of criminal intent is for 2nd degree murder? Is he "guilty" of having shot Martin? Of course. Guilty of second degree murder is a matter on which reasonable people might disagree, even if they are fully aware of the legal standards and definitions.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hour ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 5 hours ago