This brings up a larger but relevant point: Wasteful government giveaway programs are always sold on the basis of some wretched person on stage whose life will be devastated if his particular subsidy or benefit is removed. So what? Even stupid, wasteful programs develop a following of people who come to depend on them That doesn't make them any less stupid or wasteful, nor does it mean that the taxpayers are forever bound to pay for them. No, wait. I guess it does.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 7 hours ago