This brings up a larger but relevant point: Wasteful government giveaway programs are always sold on the basis of some wretched person on stage whose life will be devastated if his particular subsidy or benefit is removed. So what? Even stupid, wasteful programs develop a following of people who come to depend on them That doesn't make them any less stupid or wasteful, nor does it mean that the taxpayers are forever bound to pay for them. No, wait. I guess it does.
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 22 minutes ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago