This brings up a larger but relevant point: Wasteful government giveaway programs are always sold on the basis of some wretched person on stage whose life will be devastated if his particular subsidy or benefit is removed. So what? Even stupid, wasteful programs develop a following of people who come to depend on them That doesn't make them any less stupid or wasteful, nor does it mean that the taxpayers are forever bound to pay for them. No, wait. I guess it does.
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 17 hours ago