Abortion is only half of the story. The Pill effectively changed pregnancy from something that was a problem (in most cases) for a Couple, to something that is now almost exclusively the woman/mother's problem. The Sperm Donor is only relevant when the girl makes the unpopular choice to have the baby, when he becomes a source of funding for the next couple decades. Consider how bizarre the expression "Shotgun Wedding" seems today. Now, the father of a knocked-up teenager blames his daughter for not "taking precautions."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago