It's not all that complicated. The people who are in charge on campus live in a fantasy world, where it is possible to believe, for example, that the only reason people are poor is because of their being oppressed by The System (or whatever metaphor they are using these days). This is why Marxists can thrive on campus, while the planet is littered with real-world proofs of the utter failure of Marxism as a system of government. I was somewhat liberal when I got out of college (which was a disappointment to my father), but when I started supporting myself, paying taxes, and seeing how so many people "game" the System, and seeing so many of the poor who had brought about their own wretchedness through incredibly stupid and self-destructive life choices...then demanded a cornucopia of taxpayer-provided benefits to bail them out... It didn't take long for me to evolve back into a conservative. I went to college in the early 70's.
- Q4 GDP slides to 2.2% in second estimate Ed Morrissey 36 mins ago
- About that latest Scott Walker “gaffe” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Unmark your calendars: Mosul liberation postponed indefinitely Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- The things you don’t see on television from CPAC Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Jeb Bush to CPAC: Yes, I support a path to legalization for illegal immigrants Allahpundit 18 hours ago