It's not all that complicated. The people who are in charge on campus live in a fantasy world, where it is possible to believe, for example, that the only reason people are poor is because of their being oppressed by The System (or whatever metaphor they are using these days). This is why Marxists can thrive on campus, while the planet is littered with real-world proofs of the utter failure of Marxism as a system of government. I was somewhat liberal when I got out of college (which was a disappointment to my father), but when I started supporting myself, paying taxes, and seeing how so many people "game" the System, and seeing so many of the poor who had brought about their own wretchedness through incredibly stupid and self-destructive life choices...then demanded a cornucopia of taxpayer-provided benefits to bail them out... It didn't take long for me to evolve back into a conservative. I went to college in the early 70's.
- NFL Thanksgiving Day open thread Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Happy Thanksgiving to our readers Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- DoD renames “unlawful combatants” in detainee manual to … Ed Morrissey 21 hours ago
- Ohio Dem seeks to legislate triple pay for retail workers on holidays Jazz Shaw 22 hours ago
- Should Boehner protest Obama’s amnesty order by refusing to invite him to deliver the State of the Union? Allahpundit 23 hours ago