It's not all that complicated. The people who are in charge on campus live in a fantasy world, where it is possible to believe, for example, that the only reason people are poor is because of their being oppressed by The System (or whatever metaphor they are using these days). This is why Marxists can thrive on campus, while the planet is littered with real-world proofs of the utter failure of Marxism as a system of government. I was somewhat liberal when I got out of college (which was a disappointment to my father), but when I started supporting myself, paying taxes, and seeing how so many people "game" the System, and seeing so many of the poor who had brought about their own wretchedness through incredibly stupid and self-destructive life choices...then demanded a cornucopia of taxpayer-provided benefits to bail them out... It didn't take long for me to evolve back into a conservative. I went to college in the early 70's.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 9 hours ago