The appropriate enforcement for seat belt use is for insurance companies to have the right to deny claims if the passengers aren't using seat belts. GovCo needs to stay out of it.
California Assemblyman Marc Levine, D-San Rafael, has introduced a bill to make it illegal for people to smoke in their own homes -- if they live in an apartment or a condo or a multifamily home. When last I wrote about Levine, he was pushing a statewide law to require grocers to charge for bags. Now he's after cigarettes -- but only the legal kind. With his new AB 746, Levine is following a trail blazed by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who pushed a law prohibiting the restaurant sale of large sugary drinks, which a New York judge overturned.
- Madeline Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 23 minutes ago
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Raffi Williams, Dustin Siggins, William Jacobson Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Conservatives get a big 2014 boost from ‘fatal blow’ to Obamacare Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- On the other hand: Fourth Circuit upholds ObamaCare subsidies for federal exchange consumers Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- White House: It’s business as usual on subsidies after Halbig Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago