The vast majority of these foreclosures happened because people who had neither the financial wherewithal (i.e., zero down payment) nor the capability to take on the responsibiliity of homeownership were handed the keys to brand new government-financed houses, built and funded through builders who committed criminal fraud. The resulting train wreck resulted in lost property value, subdivisions full of deeriorating vacant houses (and more than the occasional homeless squatter), and taxpayers once again holding the bag. Get rid of liberal politicians and let the free market work. The result will be employment at fair wages and, ultimately, a higher standard of living for all.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 5 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 6 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago