It is fire season in the West. Reports say the early start is “not a good sign,” and forecasts claim the “combination of heat and dryness will only make western wildfires worse.” The predictions were made in the same week that US District Judge Frank Zapata made a decision to deny an emergency request by the city of Tombstone, AZ, to repair its water system damaged in last year’s Monument Fire. He doesn’t think Tombstone has a crisis. Zapata said: “Claims of a drastic water emergency related to public consumption and fire needs are overstated and...
Please, come. Plan to find lodging and parking in Bisbee, Sierra Vista, Palaminas Arizona which are all closer to the Huachuca Mountain work site. The whole of the mountain side, once covered with trees and bushes, is now nothing but grass with a few sprouting stumps and bushes. The biosphere they were hoping to preserve is gone, burnt to ashes. This should be the best time ever to get in, do repairs and improvements and back out to let nature recover itself. However, our Washington bureaucrats can't have locals thinking they know better than themselves.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago