I haven't read the book, yet, but enjoyed the film. It affirmed teachings of my faith preached for the last 150+ years: that we will maintain the familiar relationships we develop here on the other side of the veil (grave), that we lived as spirits before we experienced life here in mortality, and that because of the atonement of Christ, all will continue to live after death (although our condition will be subject to our knowledge and our use of or rejection of that knowledge.

Common Core Math is Ridiculous

David1326 Wrote: Oct 04, 2013 12:47 PM
I feel for the kids. I was part of the beta test group of students throughout my elementary, jr. high, and high school days as the local teachers worked to develop "new math." Their manipulations were so confusing and complicated it used to make my college professor father furious.
I have always maintained that gun control begins with muzzle awareness, proper grip/position, proper sight picture, breath control, and squeezing; not jerking the trigger. Besides, actually holding people accountable for their actions, instead of letting them off with a wrist slap, would be the best gun control.

DOJ Censoring Reporters?

David1326 Wrote: Jul 13, 2012 10:35 PM
Having recently read the book, INJUSTICE, I can honestly say this doesn't surprise me. Upset me, yes! Surprise me, no. The if the author is to be believed, and he has my confidence, the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Divisions of the Dept of Justice are totally corrupt, political players.
Sorry, Hugh, but I think you are trying to make lemonade from this lemon, and I don't know if you can find enough sugar to make it palatable.
So, it seems I am moving rapidly from a casual dislike of Google, to an active disapprobation. It seems that about once a quarter they become the news for appeasing some tyrant or totalitarian government. Now, more and more often I learn of their support for some odious political or social movement. How does one go about removing their search engine, and what are good alternatives to replace it with? I am the opposite of a compute geek, more closely resembling a computer ignoramus, but I have had enough of fiscally supporting Google anymore than I have to. Any suggestions or advice?

The Biggest Scandal In U.S. History

David1326 Wrote: Jun 27, 2012 10:28 PM
Someone asked me, but I don't know the legal technicalities, isn't selling guns to foes of a foreign government an act of war? It seems reasonable to consider it so to me. Would that be one of the reasons the current Administration would want to protect these records of the dealings of the higher authorities in the DOJ and ATF? Could the White House have commissioned an act of war against our good neighbor, Mexico, without the consent of Congress?

MSNBC's Mormon-Bashing Fetish

David1326 Wrote: Jun 16, 2012 1:04 PM
@EMTMatt, Thanks for the clue. I was wondering who this racist bigot, Frank Schaeffer, was that Bashir was interviewing. It is amazing to me how deaf the Left is. The TEA party, conservatives are a mix heavy with independents, Republicans, and Democrats that are fed-up with big spending, big government, and special interest favoritism that Obama represents, NOT his race.

Judge Denies Tombstone Water

David1326 Wrote: May 20, 2012 10:28 PM
Please, come. Plan to find lodging and parking in Bisbee, Sierra Vista, Palaminas Arizona which are all closer to the Huachuca Mountain work site. The whole of the mountain side, once covered with trees and bushes, is now nothing but grass with a few sprouting stumps and bushes. The biosphere they were hoping to preserve is gone, burnt to ashes. This should be the best time ever to get in, do repairs and improvements and back out to let nature recover itself. However, our Washington bureaucrats can't have locals thinking they know better than themselves.

Post-Zionism is So 1990s

David1326 Wrote: Apr 28, 2012 11:20 PM
We, at least, have Bibi's friend, Romney, running for President of the United States. Despite, the misgivings of many Tea Party Conservatives, I believe he will move very strongly to right us. I believe through all his position changing he has moved steadily to the right, to Conservative values of liberty, justice and opportunity for all. He hasn't back-slid to Liberal positions once he has seen the light and accept Conservative ones. The is a Latter-day Saint (and a good one, vs. what I think of Sen. Reid) and therefore, strongly supportive of Israel from his youth.