Remember Joe Biden telling an African American audience that Mitt Romney would "put y'all back in chains"? Now the Obama campaign is running an ad that claims Mitt Romney is "not one of us" -- a phrase that likewise has an ugly racial provenance.
Now, one might be tempted to give the campaign the benefit of the doubt -- maybe they just didn't know? -- if it, and its allies, didn't show such exquisite sensitivity to supposed "dog whistles" in other contexts. Simply critiquing Obama's policy of largely
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago