It’s a well-established fact that members of Congress more often than not leave Washington far richer than when they arrived. (Just look at how Harry Reid made his money, for example). But at a time of such high unemployment and trillion dollar-plus deficits, should members of Congress really be making $174,000 a year? Perhaps they should. But while this never-ending debate rages on, it’s comforting to know that at least some Congressional lawmakers (mostly Republicans, it seems) recognize the glaring disconnect between Washington’s rich and famous and the average working American. And, to their credit, they are trying to...
Daniel- While I certainly think think minimum wage would be grosss overpay given their performance- that's just all talk and show. A better solution would be to eliminate the Dep't of Education, Energy, Commerce. OSHA. EPA.etc. And Homeland Security was one of those monumentally bad ideas that only Washington could come up with. in other words- a better idea would be if they did their job in the first place.
- Poll showing GOP favorability nearly even with Dems met with furious spinning Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Wow: 62% of Republicans support sending ground troops into Iraq and Syria Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: AQ’s competition with ISIS means renewed focus on hitting US Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- The GOP comes roaring back in Colorado Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- WSJ: Obama will require military to get his personal approval for U.S. strikes in Syria Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago