Progressives, however, have been declaring the deficit problem "mostly solved." A report from the left-leaning Center on Budget and Policy Priorities found that, including all...
I'm not disagreeing with you. My point was that we know as a country what to do but are not willing to do it. As was said by a European leader about Obama- America can survive Obama but it can't survive a populace that would have him as President. Same here- We can survive Boehner but we can't survive people who would have him as Speaker.
Republicans are reportedly ready to vote to hike the debt ceiling without any of the major deficit-related concessions they've been pushing for from Democrats, and budget-watchers will soon turn their attention to the looming sequestration spending cuts (from the Budget Control Act, or BCA) scheculed to take place on March 1 and the expiration of the continuing resolution budget that the federal government has been operating on, scheduled to take place March 28.
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 44 mins ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 12 hours ago