Coburn highlights $100 billion in tax revenue that could be raised over the next ten years by ending some of these deductions only on millionaire households. Over the 2006-2009 time period, Coburn notes, millionaires deducted over $20 billion in gambling...
Kevin- I know Boehner is between a rock and a hard place but is he ever going to learn that the Democrats don't negotiate in good faith? I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone. No one with a brain could possibly take any of these predicted numbers seriously.
Republican Sen. Tom Coburn has released a breakdown of how much the federal government forgoes in tax revenue due to various credits and deductions that benefit everything from NASCAR owners to gamblers. It's a fairly comprehensive analysis that should get bipartisan support, but one of the categories that Sen. Coburn targets to raise taxes from may be surprising: "the rich."
- Quinnipiac poll: Udall not gaining on Gardner in the home stretch Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- White House: Obama didn’t really mean it when he said a vote for Nunn is a vote for a Dem majority Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Report: As many as seven wounded in shooting at Washington school; Update: One victim dead; Update: Motive? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama meets Ebola survivor Nina Pham in the Oval Office Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Gallup poll shows Tea Party supporters the most motivated to vote Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago