You already know all the supposed reasons conservatives should feel downtrodden heading into Tuesday: The Obama campaign's balleyhooed turnout machine, heavily Democratic state polls in places like Ohio, Nate Silver's electoral model, and the overwhelming conventional wisdom in the media all suggest the president will limp over the finish line on Tuesday and secure four more years. I've already written about why I think the race will ultimately hinge on turnout and enthusiasm, both of which could break either way in three days. But while liberals attempt to sow seeds of despair -- perhaps in an act of Freudian...
There is nothing to indicate in your posts that you even understand what strict construction means. And if the head of the executive branch is not involved in budgeting exactly how do you think the funds appropriated by Congress are collected and spent? Article 1 section 8 lays out who has the authority to tax and appropriate money. And you might try reading Article II Sec 3 as well. It lays out the executives duties and responsibilities. It is difficult to see how he could do these if he had no authority to become involved in drawing up budgets. Grow Up!
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 42 mins ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago