FEMA's vaunted "lean forward" strategy that called for advanced staging of supplies for emergency distribution failed to live up to its billing in the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
In fact, the agency appears to have been completely unprepared to distribute bottled water to Hurricane Sandy victims when the storm hit this Monday. In contrast to its stated policy, FEMA failed to have any meaningful supplies of bottled water -- or any other supplies, for that...
You don't really need military MREs . There are any number of firms that make very compact, little crumbly cookie/cake type thingies and little packets of water just for disasters like this. But they don't do any one any good just sitting in logistics supply points.
- Painful Udall interview: “We can play this over, right? Let me re-tape this.” Guy Benson 7 mins ago
- Obama doesn’t want to serve on the Supreme Court, not that anyone asked Noah Rothman 46 mins ago
- The dangers of turning Election Day into Election Month Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The Pentagon is sugarcoating the situation in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Attendees head for the exits as Obama speaks at campaign rally for Maryland Democrat Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- New York bans gun ownership for 34,500 citizens without due process Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago