Never fails to amaze me how many people think insulting the very voters they are demanding votes from is a winning strategy.

Republicans and the Language of the Left

Dave M Wrote: 54 mins ago (2:33 PM)
gfanv. Boy you tell him. I'm sure that insulting -42 over expressing dissatisfaction with the party demanding his vote while offering nothing in return for that vote will convince him to abandon his position in favor of yours. Kirk Mac made a much better argument -one worth reading. Yours just gets the snark it deserves.
I wonder how many news people reporting this are having trouble keeping a straight face? This is boilerplate stuff- meaningless platitudes.
A larger question for me is 1. Is the country so far gone that Kansas actually support liberal policies? 2. If not- why is Roberts completely unable to counter a blatantly obvious Democrat tactic? That trick has been played so many times it falls into the "Fool me once shame on me. Foll me twice..." 3. The above indicates a problem the GOP has had for years.The party base ignored and unseen at the national level until suddenly the National Party finds they need those votes after all. 4. I'll keep my fingers crossed because in spite of my disagreements with fools like GW I do realize we need the R. But I am not fooling myself into thinking Roberts is anything but a worthless moderate nothingburger.

Republicans and the Language of the Left

Dave M Wrote: 21 hours ago (5:55 PM)
Sure reads like the columnist is doing precisely what he is accusing others of doing.

Dear Mitt and Jeb: No, Thanks

Dave M Wrote: 21 hours ago (5:51 PM)
I'm not generally a Henry supporter but Henry is correct here. Palin was prematurely tapped and didn't have the experience to survive not just attacks from the left but backstabbing withing the McCain campaign itself. before Cruz can be tapped I need to know that he will not turn coat like others have done and has the skills to hold his own against leftists and fools like GW.

Dear Mitt and Jeb: No, Thanks

Dave M Wrote: 21 hours ago (5:46 PM)
Any one who proposes amnesty while denying they are doing so already has two strikes and two outs from the getgo.

Dear Mitt and Jeb: No, Thanks

Dave M Wrote: 21 hours ago (5:43 PM)
That's because -at east for this cycle- that erson doesn't exist. I like Cruz myself but as a jr. Senator he is way too inexperienced. I do not want to see him "Palinized" by being tapped prematurely. Give him a couple more terms and/or a stint as Governor and try when he is more seasoned.

Dear Mitt and Jeb: No, Thanks

Dave M Wrote: 21 hours ago (5:39 PM)
Nice try but no cigar. Romneycare was a bad idea- whether at the state or federal level. A candidate like Romney who can't or refuses to recognize not only that it was a bad idea but why it was a bad idea is not going to implement conservative policies or roll back liberal ones.

Dear Mitt and Jeb: No, Thanks

Dave M Wrote: 21 hours ago (5:33 PM)
"The guy rubs a lot of people the wrong way and would have no chance of winning a general election." Unlike Romney, Dole, and McCain who won in landslides elections?