This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
This has become a secular society. Tear down Christianity, that's the ticket to money and profit and good reviews in The New York Times. Many people today will do things for pleasure. It's emphasized in the tv shows, movies, and the news we see on tv. There are still many good moral people in this country, but you won't see them in the mainstream media. But unfortunately, there seems to be fewer moral people today then there was when I was a kid back in the early 1960's. I think this country will eventually pay a price for this.
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- WSJ: Obama will require military to get his personal approval for U.S. strikes in Syria Allahpundit 20 mins ago
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago