There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
If this is true, then the whole system of representative government is doomed. I vote by absentee ballot in my state, I have no choice. But with all the advanced technology we have in this country, there must be a better more secure way to vote in presidential elections. This is of such vital importance to the future of this country. I am not saying that Obama won by any illegal methods, the media had a lot to do with Obama winning, but there must be a better way to vote.
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 4 minutes ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago