In an ideal world, Roe v. Wade -- perhaps the most insidious Supreme Court ruling since the infamous Dred Scott decision in 1857 -- would be overturned. And contrary to what most leftists assert, however, this does not necessarily mean that abortion would be universally prohibited and illegal. For example, before Roe became the law of the land in 1973, abortion was permissible in certain states. The legality of abortion, then, should be decided by individuals at the state level -- at least in the short-term -- not by a High Court of un-elected, unaccountable judges in Washington. This would...
The Supreme Court has made disastrous immoral laws over the years. It condoned slavery in the Dred Scott decision of 1857. It took away voting voting rights for blacks, this was done by Supreme Court rulings in the latter half of the 1890's. It took away the freedom of prayer in schools in 1962. And Roe V Wade, the most disastrous law ever created by the Supreme Court, it has been the death sentence for over 40 million babies. And who can forget the Court saying approval of Obamacare? Taking away our freedom of religion by forcing Catholic hospitals to provide contraceptives or be fined? The Supreme Court has a terrible record on this country's moral issues over the years.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 21 hours ago