In an ideal world, Roe v. Wade -- perhaps the most insidious Supreme Court ruling since the infamous Dred Scott decision in 1857 -- would be overturned. And contrary to what most leftists assert, however, this does not necessarily mean that abortion would be universally prohibited and illegal. For example, before Roe became the law of the land in 1973, abortion was permissible in certain states. The legality of abortion, then, should be decided by individuals at the state level -- at least in the short-term -- not by a High Court of un-elected, unaccountable judges in Washington. This would...
The Supreme Court has made disastrous immoral laws over the years. It condoned slavery in the Dred Scott decision of 1857. It took away voting voting rights for blacks, this was done by Supreme Court rulings in the latter half of the 1890's. It took away the freedom of prayer in schools in 1962. And Roe V Wade, the most disastrous law ever created by the Supreme Court, it has been the death sentence for over 40 million babies. And who can forget the Court saying approval of Obamacare? Taking away our freedom of religion by forcing Catholic hospitals to provide contraceptives or be fined? The Supreme Court has a terrible record on this country's moral issues over the years.
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 34 minutes ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago