Republican presidential candidate Barry Goldwater accepted an invitation to visit an American military installation located in Bavaria, Germany. On "CBS Evening News" hosted by Walter Cronkite, correspondent Daniel Schorr said: "It is now clear that Sen. Goldwater's interview with Der Spiegel, with its hard line appealing to right-wing elements in Germany, was only the start of a move to link up with his opposite numbers in Germany." The reaction shot -- when the cameras returned to Cronkite -- showed the "most trusted man in America" gravely shaking...
Many people seem to think that the Nazi Party was a right wing party, but they are wrong. The Nazi Party was a left wing party who wants private ownership of business, but wanted government to control the economy. Private ownership was the main difference between the Communists and the Nazis. Remember the party's name is the National Socialist party. It's sad how some Democrats use the people who were head of the party or identified with the party too lightly for political purposes.. The Nazi party and it's slaughter of millions of Jews and countless others, was horrific. It need not be taken lightly by either party, and we need to be reminded just how horrible the Nazi party was.
Maybe comparing Republicans to Nazis started with the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson presidential race.
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 29 mins ago
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago