The Republican Rape Dilemma

Dave3678 Wrote: Oct 26, 2012 2:06 PM
I agree that a baby produced by rape is a miracle and should not be made an "exception" for abortion. But let's remember where we are: Abortion is legal in the United States. 40 million babies have been killed. If you were president in 2012, and a bill came to your desk that outlawed abortion except in the cases of rape, would you not sign it just to get the country going back in the right direction? Would you not eliminate 99% of abortions that go on today, or would you veto it because of the less than 1% of abortions associated with rape? So, given that we are currently living in a culture of death, I would, today, gladly support a platform that includes the rape exception.

Trickle Down and Tax Cuts

Dave3678 Wrote: Oct 03, 2012 10:01 AM
Romney should just read this article during tonight's debate.

Time to Shelve the Conventions

Dave3678 Wrote: Sep 04, 2012 3:20 PM
The answer is not to get rid of the convention. Every organization in the world has a convention. Certainly, the two main political parties of the US should have theirs. The real value, since they do no nominating anymore, is that they allow the parties to present their cases (platforms?) with whatever semblance of intelligence that they want to, moreso than can be done in a 30 second attack ad with a little peace of not having the other party around. So the real question is how to effectively get this information out such that the networks will want to present it and the people will want to watch it.
DB07 beat me to it. Let's have another buy-cott and completely overwhelm the kiss-in folks. Another consideration, though: These people are looking for a confrontation. Yesterday, at the buycott, everybody was happy and friendly, even though the lines were a mile long. Tomorrow is going to be confrontational. So, I say that we non-kissers be very nice, and even buy the kissers a sandwich. In addition to overwhelming them with numbers, we can overwhelm them - and win the debate - with kindness. Another idea is to have us heterosexuals do some kissing too!

The new American Helots

Dave3678 Wrote: Jun 15, 2012 10:18 AM
It's easy to claim minority status. If you were born in the United States, just mark down that you are a native American!
I agree with Gil422. The third party hotel folks are very upfront with their terms, and, on the websites I use, I am usually able to narrow down the choices of hotels so that I'm reasonably confident that I won't get a bad hotel once the decision is made. And, as Gill, said, even then, it's not over. (although I've never had to exercise that consumer right.) As for Ms. Coulter's one page bill, I'd like to add another sentence: "All costs associated with lawsuits, (plaintiff, defendant, and court costs), shall be borne by the loser." That would stop frivolous lawsuits in a hurry and bring health care costs down even further!

Anna Wintour: U.S. Ambassador?

Dave3678 Wrote: Jun 11, 2012 10:07 PM
What does it say about the USA and about the status of England in the world when the ambassadorship to the Court of St. James at the dawn of the United States was one of the greatest Americans of all time, John Adams and the list since then includes 4 other presidents, 2 other Adams, and other stalwarts such as Mellon, Everett, Pinckney, Kennedy Sr. and Gallatin, Now, England gets the editor-in-chief of Vogue?

Marriage and Political Experience

Dave3678 Wrote: May 10, 2012 2:47 PM
Mr. Thomas - we have to keep trying. That's all there is to it.
I think Ms. Warren missed the boat in trying to defend herself by saying that she has American Indian ancestry. My oldest child is about to start the college application process. I've seen applications both ways. Some have a check box for "Native American" and others, for "American Indian." Since my son was born in North Carolina, that makes him a 100% native American, although he has zero American Indian blood. I've often thought about checking the Native American boxes in hopes that I can get some politically-correct scholarship money flowing my way. If the left can commandeer words and phrases for their own agenda, why can't I use them for mine? (I guess Ms. Warren wouldn't be allowed to admit that, eh?)
Thank you, Guy. Proud to be a Pittsburgher!