Is Jesus Cool?

Dave3678 Wrote: Mar 05, 2014 11:17 AM
I was never much of a Matthew McConaughey fan. Until Sunday night. His acceptance speech was great. Thanking God and making the libs in the audience squirm.
There is not one word in above article about suing the offending businesses to force them to cater to people who disagree with them. Why do we let the homos bully us, but not the other way around?
I'm exposing my ignorance of the immigration process. What difference does it make why a German moves to the US? Can't they come here, say, to look for a job?

The Little Victims of the State

Dave3678 Wrote: Jan 31, 2014 9:43 AM
"Because the Little Sisters are not part of any church, they are not eligible for the religious exemption." OK - Does this slippery slope lead to the following?: How about if the Little Sisters officially align themselves as an organization of the Roman Catholic Church. They are then eligible for the exemption. Right? What about me, then? May I choose to be a citizen of the Roman Catholic Church, and reject my US citizenship? I, too, can get that exemption? Heck - may I pay my taxes to the church and not to the US? Mr. Obama - I'm very willing to render to Caesar what is Caesar's, but you may not prohibit me from rendering to God what is God's.

George F. Will Heading to Fox News?

Dave3678 Wrote: Oct 02, 2013 9:21 AM
I have nothing against Fox News. I like it, in fact. And they certainly have the right to pursue the top talent. But who is left to carry the conservative banner on the non-Fox media? Stossel left ABC; Hasselbeck left the View; now Will, too? The low information voters don't watch Fox, and the opportunities to hear the message are dwindling. As for George Will himself: He's a great conservative thinker and writer. And he's a baseball fan to boot (that's a plus, for the baseball bashers out there) but, after being against the designated hitter, he has embraced it. Totally bogus flip-flopping, George!
Christie was awesome when he started governing when he was taking on the deficit and the teachers unions. I can even forgive his bromance with Obama after Sandy. After all, he was looking for money, and who cares the stripes of somebody willing to give you money? But then he signed the idiotic ban on psychiatric treatment for people wanting to deal with same-sex attraction. It's one thing to try and court the gays - that's bad enough; it's quite another to tell people that they not allowed to try and not be gay if they don't want to be. Two years ago, I would have voted for Christie over anybody; a year ago, I started to question. Now, I really hope he is not the GOP candidate in 2016.

Vive La France: It's About the Children

Dave3678 Wrote: Jun 12, 2013 10:50 AM
Thank you, Mr. Connor, for the first encouraging sign I've seen on this subject in many moons.

Benghazi's Smoking Guns

Dave3678 Wrote: May 15, 2013 1:12 PM
The debate about Pro-Life usually centers on the beginning (abortion) and the end (assisted suicide) of life. What about the middle? It is indisputable that President Obama is the most virulently pro-abortion president ever, as evidenced by his votes in the Illinois senate against measures to help babies born alive after botched abortions, and by his current love affair with Planned Parenthood. We pro-lifers tend to be single-issue voters because we don't trust the decision-making abilities of pro-abortion politicians. Benghazi validates this approach. With American lives in the balance, Obama chose to let them die rather than to help them. Why? As Mr. Goldberg says: "Politics? Ideology? Incompetence? All three?" How can Obama be trusted on anything when his view of human life is so depraved?

My Phone Call To Jason Collins

Dave3678 Wrote: May 09, 2013 12:32 PM
Really? I did not know that. Is "less than" less correct than "fewer than"? Please explain the difference. Thanks But I agree with you, and Mr. Adams 100%. Why won't these people just let it lie and live their lives however morally or immorally they want to.
In today's society, there is no bravery at all in coming out of the homosexual closet. What's so brave about doing something that everybody is cheering for? I do give Collins SOME credit for being the first to do so in the sports world, but that was just a matter of time. Chris Broussard's comments are far braver given that he will have very little public support and will have to bear the brunt of those who are not as tolerant as they would have the rest of us be. Mr. Broussard, here's to you! Great job!