Last night, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney picked a Twitter fight with Republican Congressman Justin Amash over sequestration. We'll get to that online battle in a moment, but first, a word on Rep. Amash's misguided comments that caught Carney's attention in the first place. Amash has been publicly blasting Republican leadership for aggressively pinning the sequester on President Obama, arguing that it's "disingenuous" for members of Congress to vote for a compromise, then blame it on the other party. This needlessly and foolishly undermines the GOP's messaging on the issue. Republicans are not saying that the sequester is...
Carney is just another admin liar. Not good for one so young. His future may be like that of Jesse Jr. The point of the libs' sequestration proposal was to get Republicans to swallow a load of tax increases in order to avoid the "cliff.". The bluff was called, and the choking sound you hear in the background is Obama having difficulty ingesting his own words.
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 7 mins ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 16 mins ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 46 mins ago
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- 10 yr old competitive shooter seeks to inspire others Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 2 hours ago