Last night, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney picked a Twitter fight with Republican Congressman Justin Amash over sequestration. We'll get to that online battle in a moment, but first, a word on Rep. Amash's misguided comments that caught Carney's attention in the first place. Amash has been publicly blasting Republican leadership for aggressively pinning the sequester on President Obama, arguing that it's "disingenuous" for members of Congress to vote for a compromise, then blame it on the other party. This needlessly and foolishly undermines the GOP's messaging on the issue. Republicans are not saying that the sequester is...
Carney is just another admin liar. Not good for one so young. His future may be like that of Jesse Jr. The point of the libs' sequestration proposal was to get Republicans to swallow a load of tax increases in order to avoid the "cliff.". The bluff was called, and the choking sound you hear in the background is Obama having difficulty ingesting his own words.
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 29 mins ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 3 hours ago