President Obama is still out campaigning for his tax hike on the rich which if passed will do zero to pay down the deficit or decrease U.S. debt. In fact, if Obama gets the rich to pay just a little more of their "fair share," we'll be able run the federal government for a whopping 7 days if we're lucky. But what happened to the Obama who used to actually talk about debt and portray it as a bad thing? Oh how we long for the good old days. When Bush left office, the National Debt stood at $10 trillion....
Dearest Alej, Instead of asking Republicans this question, ask a Tea Party member. As for me, I agree whole heartedly that Bush's and the Republican Congress' spending and debt increase was irresponsible and unpatriotic. And, at the time, a lot of lefties like yourself said the same thing. However, now that your lefty hero Obama is in power, suddenly his exponentially increased spending is not a problem. Bush was the most profligate spending president in history, until Obama. Bush does not get a pass from me, why do you give Obama a pass?
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 19 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014