President Obama is still out campaigning for his tax hike on the rich which if passed will do zero to pay down the deficit or decrease U.S. debt. In fact, if Obama gets the rich to pay just a little more of their "fair share," we'll be able run the federal government for a whopping 7 days if we're lucky. But what happened to the Obama who used to actually talk about debt and portray it as a bad thing? Oh how we long for the good old days. When Bush left office, the National Debt stood at $10 trillion....
Dearest Alej, Instead of asking Republicans this question, ask a Tea Party member. As for me, I agree whole heartedly that Bush's and the Republican Congress' spending and debt increase was irresponsible and unpatriotic. And, at the time, a lot of lefties like yourself said the same thing. However, now that your lefty hero Obama is in power, suddenly his exponentially increased spending is not a problem. Bush was the most profligate spending president in history, until Obama. Bush does not get a pass from me, why do you give Obama a pass?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago