“We don’t see the debt as an excuse to cut with abandon, to shirk our obligations,” Ryan said. “We see it as an opportunity to reform government, to make it cleaner and more effective. That’s what conservatives stand for.”
Liberals are compassionate? Enslaving people on the Liberal Plantation is compassionate? Stealing money from those who work for a living and giving it to someone whose family hasn't worked for several generations is compassionate? Instead of stealing the earning of working folk, why not put the lazy parasites to work? It has been said that if you give a man a fish you feed him (the liberal approach) and his family for one day; teach him to fish (the best approach) and you feed them for a lifetime. Want to eat? Learn to fish then go fishing!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago