“We don’t see the debt as an excuse to cut with abandon, to shirk our obligations,” Ryan said. “We see it as an opportunity to reform government, to make it cleaner and more effective. That’s what conservatives stand for.”
Liberals are compassionate? Enslaving people on the Liberal Plantation is compassionate? Stealing money from those who work for a living and giving it to someone whose family hasn't worked for several generations is compassionate? Instead of stealing the earning of working folk, why not put the lazy parasites to work? It has been said that if you give a man a fish you feed him (the liberal approach) and his family for one day; teach him to fish (the best approach) and you feed them for a lifetime. Want to eat? Learn to fish then go fishing!
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 13 mins ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 53 mins ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- NYT: After six weeks of U.S. airstrikes, ISIS has “scarcely budged” Allahpundit 3 hours ago