“We don’t see the debt as an excuse to cut with abandon, to shirk our obligations,” Ryan said. “We see it as an opportunity to reform government, to make it cleaner and more effective. That’s what conservatives stand for.”
Liberals are compassionate? Enslaving people on the Liberal Plantation is compassionate? Stealing money from those who work for a living and giving it to someone whose family hasn't worked for several generations is compassionate? Instead of stealing the earning of working folk, why not put the lazy parasites to work? It has been said that if you give a man a fish you feed him (the liberal approach) and his family for one day; teach him to fish (the best approach) and you feed them for a lifetime. Want to eat? Learn to fish then go fishing!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 59 minutes ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 5 hours ago