“We don’t see the debt as an excuse to cut with abandon, to shirk our obligations,” Ryan said. “We see it as an opportunity to reform government, to make it cleaner and more effective. That’s what conservatives stand for.”
Liberals are compassionate? Enslaving people on the Liberal Plantation is compassionate? Stealing money from those who work for a living and giving it to someone whose family hasn't worked for several generations is compassionate? Instead of stealing the earning of working folk, why not put the lazy parasites to work? It has been said that if you give a man a fish you feed him (the liberal approach) and his family for one day; teach him to fish (the best approach) and you feed them for a lifetime. Want to eat? Learn to fish then go fishing!
- Marquette poll: Walker now leads outside the margin of error, tops 50 percent support Guy Benson 45 mins ago
- The new New Math: Byzantine subtraction in Common Core Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Wow: WH says it learned about the Secret Service’s security breach in the CDC elevator … yesterday Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Paul Ryan: I’m not running for president if Mitt Romney runs Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Breaking: Pierson resigns Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- WH to reporters: Don’t talk to people attending Mary Burke rally Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago