“We don’t see the debt as an excuse to cut with abandon, to shirk our obligations,” Ryan said. “We see it as an opportunity to reform government, to make it cleaner and more effective. That’s what conservatives stand for.”
Liberals are compassionate? Enslaving people on the Liberal Plantation is compassionate? Stealing money from those who work for a living and giving it to someone whose family hasn't worked for several generations is compassionate? Instead of stealing the earning of working folk, why not put the lazy parasites to work? It has been said that if you give a man a fish you feed him (the liberal approach) and his family for one day; teach him to fish (the best approach) and you feed them for a lifetime. Want to eat? Learn to fish then go fishing!
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 13 hours ago